Valleraugue, Mont Aigoual: the nature stopover
In Valleraugue, at the foothills of Mont Aigoual, you will enjoy living to the rhythm of this lively village in summer! Weekly markets Wednesday and Sunday mornings, night markets (3 in the summer), there are also many events and festivals in the spring and all summer!
The majors events of Valleraugue, in the four seasons …
- 4 seasons nature center
- Arboretum of Aigoual
- Green route Les balcons de l’Aigoual
- Fishing tracks
- 2nd Saturday in May: the Ecotourism Festival
- 1st Sunday of June: Race of 4,000 marches
- 2nd Sunday of June: Feast of transhumance
- Check the tourists information office on sudcevennes.com
- In addition to swimming all along the Hérault river, enjoy the Mouretou swimming spot
- At the top of the Aigoual, you can find: The Meteosite (meteorological museum very interesting for children and older), restaurant and lodge.
- Discover the 4,000 steps trail, the Cévennes must-see hike and climb Mount Aigoual.
- It is also the time for:
- the colors of the autumn of the Forest of Exception of the Aigoual,
- listening of the slab of the stag,
- the observatory with mouflons.
- 1st Sunday of October: Market ‘Les Authentiques de l’Aigoual’ (in Valleraugue)
- Winter activities at the Mont Aigoual resort, Prat-Peyrot. INFOS facebook.com/skimontaigoual